SCADA: Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) is a software & Hardware system operation over a variety of other Industrial proprietary devices.
SCADA applications can do:
- Control and Monitor Industrial Processes
- Monitor data in Graph and Chart form also can export
- Directly control/Monitor to instruments/devices such as PLC, Controller device, sensor, Valve, pump, Motor etc.
- Stored data in SQL data tables, MS Access database, Excel, Log files etc.
- Export Report: Excel, Word, PDF format.
- Monitor data over web internet
- Monitor real-time data
- Remotely Monitor data
- Record each event and can log each data on regular intervals.
- Generate Reports: Log report, Event log Report, Alarm Report, Summary report, Audit trail etc.
- User level management system
- Export report over web.
The Main SCADA structure starts with programmable logic controllers (PLCs) or remote terminal units (RTUs). PLCs and RTUs are microcomputers that communicate with a number of devices such as factory machines, sensors, and End devices, and then machine information from those devices to computers with SCADA software. The SCADA software processes data, distributes or stores and displays the data, helping operators and other engineers analyze the data and to make further decisions.
Industries can create all kind of application using SCADA. There is no boundary to develop/Create SCADA system depends on requirements. Develop any logic to fulfill industries requirements. Processes include manufacturing, Process Controls, power etc. as describe below:
- Industrial processes, manufacturing, power generation, Process control and refining and may run in continuous, batch, repetitive, Test bench etc.
- Infrastructure processes such as public or private facilities water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment, oil and gas pipelines, electric power transmission and distribution, and wind farms.